Celebrating JAZZ with the National Black Caucus
Your Girl Cheryl to Host in 2017!
MEET THE WEAA FM ON AIR STAFF...
WHO IS WEAA FM?
WEAA is an exquisite mixture of programming. Mainstream and contemporary jazz dominates the airwaves and is complimented by gospel, reggae, and public affairs programming.
• WEAA was named 1999 Jazz Station of the Year by Gavin Magazine
• WEAA is a non-profit, National Public Radio Station that serves the Baltimore/Washington Metropolitan area; licensed and owned by Morgan State University
• WEAA is a community-oriented radio station, which through its programs stimulates positive interaction between Morgan State University and the community at large
• WEAA provides social, political, and multicultural programs in an effort to raise the consciousness of the listening audience about societal diversity and serves as a professional training facility for students interested in broadcasting careers
• WEAA reaches out to its multicultural audience with a format that is morally, educationally, and musically stimulating
• WEAA began operating on January 10,1977 and operates at 12,600 watts, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year
WHO LISTENS TO WEAA FM?
WEAA attracts an audience distinguished by its level of education and professional success.
• The individual profile of the average WEAA listener is very desirable-affluent, educated, business leaders, and community active African American citizens in the 25-54 age group.
• The audience is comprised of 64% Males and 36% Females.
• Public Radio listeners are nearly two and a half times as likely to have a college degree; over three times as likely to hold a graduate degree.
• 62% of the listeners have household incomes exceeding $50,000.
• 88 % are professional, manager or administrator.
• Listeners are more than 3 times as likely to be involved in cultural events, attend theater and concerts.
• 2 times as likely to be avid book readers.